OUTCOME - You will have begun to set up your website using a template
Starter - 5 minutes
- Open your banner from last lesson, ready to insert into a website ... Did you complete it? ... Do you need more time?
- Showcase your banner for feedback!
Main - 50 minutes
Go to your H:/Sites/ICT/Year 8 folder and create a folder called 'Website' if you haven't already
Before working on your website, you must always Manage Sites - you will to this every lesson, so remember! Follow these steps to do so:
- Open Adobe Dreamweaver (Start - All Programs - Adobe Master Collection)
- Click the Manage Sites link on the right hand side of the screen
- Click the New button on the mini window
- Click the folder icon in the middle of the screen
- Navigate to your H:/Sites/ICT/Year 8/Website
- Click the Select button
- Click the Save button
- Click the Done button
- The contents of your website folder will be shown at the bottom right hand corner of Adobe Dreamweaver (there will be nothing there yet!)
Follow my lead/these TWO videos to help you set up a website in Adobe Dreamweaver using templates...
Template Manage Sites Editable Regions
Creating Pages from Template
Edit your template to fit your hand drawn designs - set colours/fonts/navigation bar links/banner
Plenary - 5 minutes
Make sure all work is saved in your Year 8 ICT website folder inside Sites
How did you find this lesson?
What went well?
What did you find hard?
What would you like to work on next lesson?